Suggested Care Instructions – Following these simple rules using and caring for your wood kitchen utensils will extend the life of the tool. Many wood spoons and other wood kitchen utensils passed down and are family heirlooms.
- DO NOT put your wood utensils in the dishwasher especially if you have the drying cycle on.
- The extreme heat can dry out the wood so it will eventually crack.
- Rinse off wood utensils immediately after use.
- Hand wash with hot water and mild dish soap.,
- Dry the utensils with a towel instead of letting them air dry.
- Recondition with mineral oil at least monthly or Honey for Wood.
- Mineral oil is food safe and will not turn rancid the way cooking oils can.
- Allow oil to soak in and wipe excess off with a paper towel.
- For extra cleaning occasionally rinse wood utensils with white distilled vinegar to kill germs, bacteria, and mold, or you can rub half a lemon across the wood to disinfect as well.